Monday, April 30, 2012

Ways Of Freeing

Ways of Freeing
Date: 12.03.12
“Condorcet, Nicholas recalled, had once said of satire that it was a weapon to be used only against those who by virtue of their rank or their power were sheltered from every other chastisement. In Communitaria, it seemed, they were sheltered from satire too.” – (The Curious Enlightenment of Professor Caritat, A Novel of Ideas by Steven Lukes)
Here’s a quote excerpted from the same book:
Yes, I am proud; I must be proud to see
Men not afraid of God, afraid of me:
Safe from the Bar, the Pulpit and the Throne,
Yet touched and sham’d by Ridicule alone.’ – Voltaire


In Ways of freeing I am re-energising an old theme, re-asking the oldest questions concerning the beginning, the government and the speculated end of the world. Many religious and scientific theories have been investigated and tried with varying degrees of accuracy yet human beings have clearly not learned to live in harmony with each other and their environment.
It is fair to say that no one hypothesis can be said to contain the ultimate answer to how, when and inevitably the who of such inquiries. In other words, knowledge has increased but we are none the wiser.
I have added the above quotes in order to connect all of us to the underlying theme, that Freedom of Expression. And I think that the novel of Ideas which is quoted first managed to capture the themes of human displacement and a search for a Better Life For All very well. The whole theme of the novel is professor Caritat’s adventurous quest for the ‘best possible world.’
As already mentioned, there is no one no matter how learned or devoted, who has a monopoly of all the answers to these questions.
None of the belief system or sciences (ways of knowing) have satisfied or given mankind proper peace of mind regarding the full understanding of how It all came to be and how It all will end, if at all it shall end.
All of the bits of the myths and bits of information from various schools of thought and knowledge systems are vital to our common and factual understanding of our common purpose or mission on planet Earth.

To make sense of all this information though, we have to gain a basic knowledge of the laws of nature. Again we must be ever mindful that different people respond, react and correspond (relate) differently to what occurs naturally.  A lot of our behaviour is determined by environmental factors which include the religious, traditional, social and circumstantial upbringing, these may change through time and experience but ones initial or earliest experiences ultimately shape our cognisance. As they say old habits die harder.
Within these few words, I aim to show how all information can be collectively developed into a unified and knowledge of Being, a knowledge that can be incorporated into everyday peoples habits.

I must state that I am knower of God as creator, and I am a believer in science. I believe in freedom of scientific and theological enquiry and that the two are not as exclusive as we have been made to believe. Theology and Science or are to me Spiritual Science and Physical Science, two hands, two eyes and two parts of the same brain, and they are gradually becoming clear expressions of the One Mind.
I also believe in science because I have a limited knowledge of it, only having the most basic fundamentals to go by, thus I believe what serious and unbiased scientists posit while I question some of their findings and conclusions.
 I also know that in science, nothing is really ever final and conclusive, nothing is sacred, and that is why science sits very uncomfortably with religion, since the latter supposes the end of all quests through submission.
I know that God lives because I live and many of those who gave me life not only believed in a Creator, but they instilled It in me. My ancestors also lived their lives in accordance with their knowledge of God, in other words, they strove to obey the laws of God.
Therefore, I am a product of God inspired people. I also have personally attempted to free myself from God, only to find that even in It’s absence from my active mind, the energy of God persists and is as much a part of who I am as the Sun is to a leaf or oxygen is to water.
Let us now return to the question of beginnings, being and endings, the following passage clearly demonstrates the essence of what I am saying.

Science rejects true miracles.
In spite of the fact that biogenesis strikes many as virtually miraculous, the starting point of any scientific investigation must be the assumption that life emerged naturally, via a sequence of normal physical processes. Research into the origin of life may still yield valuable information even in the absence of a detailed account of how life actually began.” – (The 5th Miracle by Paul Davies)


No comments: