Wednesday, May 6, 2015

windblown tribes

Anti-Tribal Poem 1:

i am impure
from my dirty thoughts to my dirty socks
my politics to my national anthem
did i mention my nameless country?
some call it a nation
i call it a timebomb
a melting-pot for seismic revolution
every so called nation deserves one
to every birth there must be blood
nothing thrives in purity
nothing but the righteous ...
nationless me; tribeless I and I
i thrive from the japanese garden sprout and the chinese cultural revolution
i am the product of fornications from the Xhosa-Khoi-San-Zulu- Afrikaans-
Mpondo-Hlubi-Swazi
a black jewish kabbala reading reborn Rasta Rebel Sufi
place me in Northern Ireland and home is where the heart is
leave me stranded in Malawi and i will walk into the mud-house of my ancestors
i will not get lost in Goma and will not be intimidated by Lagos
in Abijan i will find my great great great grandmothers ancestral shrine and break kola nut in the secret grove chanting Nyahbinghi songs in pidgin
i am purely and infinitely windblown like dandelions on windswept hills of eMadlangeni ...

No comments: